This is Part IV of a four-part “Our Story” article. In this part, I discuss the purpose and my hopes for this site and blog, and what kinds of information and posts you can expect to find here. In other parts, I discuss:
Our Story, Part I: Finding and Believing solveeczema.org
Our Story, Part II: Results After Switching to Soap
Our Story, Part III: How Eczema Made Me a Granola Mom
Our Story, Part IV: What’s this Blog About?
Let me start off by listing the blog’s basic tenets:
- I aim for my writing to be science-based.
- I value the rigor of the scientific method and will try to evaluate what I present through those principles.
- That being said, I do not think science and the spiritual are mutually exclusive (rather, that they become so when we politicize or polarize them). I believe heartily that there are mysteries about the way the human body works that we just don’t understand, despite the staggering progress we have made in science and technology. I hope to write with a healthy respect for “the mystery” even as I attempt to write in a science-based way.
Some of the posts you can expect are:
- links to new medical research or journal articles that seem consistent with aspects of solveeczema theory or research that provides food for thought
- trends in, and interesting research about, the areas of whole foods, hormone-disruption, environmental impacts from detergents and hormone-disruptive chemicals, choices for optimal health
- thoughts and links to research on etiology of allergy, new treatments for allergy
- ponderings about the challenges of living with allergies
- great finds on products for the detergent-avoidant or allergic individual
- recipes for those avoiding the priority (“top 6”) food allergens
Thanks for joining me!